thank you friends for reading ; hope... it helps

Friday 26 March 2010

i want to be happy

Once, a young lonely  boy, despondent and lonely, walked through a meadow and saw a small butterfly caught in a thorn bush.  The more the butterfly struggled to free itself, the deeper the thorns cut into its fragile body.
   
 Filled with compassion, the boy released the butterfly. But, instead of flying away, the butterfly transformed into an angel and said gently, "To reward you for your kindness, I will do whatever you like.”The boy thought for a moment, and then replied, "I want to be happy!"
   
 "Very well," the angel said. Then the heavenly creature leaned close to the boy and whispered something in his ear.

 Many years later, as the boy lay on his deathbed after a full and happy life, his friends gathered around him. "Won't you tell us your secret now," they pleaded. With a labored smile, the man answered,"An angel told me that no matter where I went in life, I would find people who needed me-- people rich or poor, young or old, meek or self assured-- and helping those people SMILE would bring me happiness and satisfaction."
Somewhere in your life there is someone who needs your smile. Are you willing to be an angel  ? Share a smile, for it goes a long mile, fill someone’s day with happiness, each day is a gift, that is why it is called a present...give someone a present today …share this secret …I hope I did 

No comments:

Post a Comment